Sunday, April 8, 2012

Found Object Responses

I wanted to contradict the texture of a piece of coral by making a response out of sculpy. It has the smooth surface with the illusion of the texture that the actual coral has.

I looked up the markings on the fastener and found out that it belonged to a specific sprinkler. My response was drawing the sprinkler that it once belonged to.

I wanted to contradict the soft, feathery texture of the feather by making a response out of a solid block of wood. The engravings also represents the separate pieces of the feather, opposed to the solid block of wood that the response is made out of.

I painted my response to represent a jagged piece of wood by painting on a soft piece of paper once made out of wood.

I painted my response to represent a jagged piece of wood by painting on a soft piece of paper once made out of wood.

I tried to duplicate this piece of coral through a sponge. I painted it white for the color and like the way the sponge opposes the smooth texture of the coral.

My original thought was to melt the tar and create a smooth surface of its liquified state. However, tar requires extremely high heat to melt. So this is what the attempt ended up being.

No comments:

Post a Comment